Friday, May 06, 2005

The ignorant schoolchildren agenda

This is an article that can ruin your day, about the teaching of evolution. When I was in high school and we read "Inherit the Wind," I never thought that I would hear about the same story being played out in reality in my lifetime.

My comments are either a criticism of the article or of the Evolution Obfuscators, I'm not sure which. The reporter refers to her sources as either "pro-evolution" or "anti-evolution." I'm not sure those are accurate terms. Wouldn't pro-evolution be a person who is determined to grow a tail, or a third arm, or a second bunghole? Wouldn't an anti-evolution person be someone who would prefer to return to a state of primordial ooze?

Suddenly, I feel like I have ripped off someone else's line. I hate it when that happens.

And wouldn't those terms suggest that we could also describe people as "pro-sun-rises-in-the-east" and "anti-sun-rises-in-the-east?" How about "pro-water-is-wet" and "anti-water-is-wet?"

Pardon me while I introduce my head to the nearest wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home