Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Presidentin

Bubble Boy did some presidentin' today, doing a press conference in the Rose Garden. His opening remarks about Miers were a little surprising.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Good morning.

Yesterday, I nominated an outstanding kiss-ass to serve on the Supreme Court of the United States.

Over the past three decades, Harriet Miers has built a stellar record of ass-kissing, and as I understand it, also has some experience in the law. She's been a model of ass-kissing to her country and to our citizens.

I've known her for more than 10 years. I know her character. She's a woman of creative fawning and a deep conviction about how great I am.

BUSH: She shares my philosophy that judges should strictly interpret the laws and the Constitution of the United States and not legislate from the bench.


He calmed down from there, but I found his opening to be odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home