Thursday, February 09, 2006

Since I had oh so much fun with the Cheney-Lehrer interview yesterday, allow me to return to it.

Q You drew a lot of heat and ridicule when you said eight months ago, the insurgency is in its last throes. Do you regret having said that?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: No, I think the way I think about it is as I just described. I think about when we look back and get some historical perspective on this period, I'll believe that the period we were in through 2005 was, in fact, a turning point; that putting in place a democratic government in Iraq was the -- sort of the cornerstone, if you will, of victory against the insurgents.


Here is today's news.

Report Says Number of Attacks by Insurgents in Iraq Increases

Sweeping statistics on insurgent violence in Iraq that were declassified for a Senate hearing on Wednesday appear to portray a rebellion whose ability to mount attacks has steadily grown in the nearly three years since the invasion.


Credibility and Cheney both begin with the letter C. And that's about all the two have in common.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home