Friday, March 03, 2006

Dear George Orwell,

Sorry, man. We didn't listen to you. You tried, though. You tried to tell us what could happen. We just got too wrapped up in meaningless shit, and only a relative few were paying enough attention to see what was happening.

The government also said that the chair had never been used for punishment and that it had been designed "for the detainee's comfort and protection."


It's been a long time since I read the book. Did you anticipate that people would still believe in their virtue and morality, after the government had befouled it? I seem to remember it being more about fear and nationalism. Our world is more about trivia and being willingly oblivious.

Anyway, I have a day job that I have to get back to. Just saw this article and thought of you. So again, I'm sorry.

LM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home