Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Bush Tells Group He Sees a 'Third Awakening'
Bush told a group of conservative journalists that he notices more open expressions of faith among people he meets during his travels, and he suggested that might signal a broader revival similar to other religious movements in history.

If I know someone is a baseball fan, I might offer up baseball as a topic for some small talk. If I'm looking to pucker up to the President of the United States and he is a pseudo-religious dude, I might offer up some God talk.

Or, if I'm the President of the United States and a pseudo-religious dude, and my coattails are covered with shit because of all the radical, illegal, and tragic decisions I have made, and my party stands to get its collective ass handed to it in November, then I might want to do a waltz with the ones that brung me: the evangelicals.

Also, how many people does the President meet, actually? How many people who are not handing over a large check does he meet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home