Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Huh.
Bush: "Yeah, I don't think people are -- at least the ones I run into -- look, I had a bunch of our buddies from Texas up here this weekend, and they're kind of -- they look at you, and go, man, how come you're still standing? It's not so much the presidency on the shoals because of difficult decisions I made; it's more, the weightiness of this thing must be impossible for anybody to bear. And I tell them it's just not the case, that I'm inspired by doing this job. . . .

"I also remind them, Brit, that Laura and I are sustained by the prayers of millions of people. That's hard for some to, you know, I guess, chew on."

Hume: "You sense that."

Bush: "Absolutely."

I guess those prayers that Bush senses are a louder voice in his head than the curses and the cries of anguish of those who have been killed, maimed, or lost loved ones in Bubble Boy's excellent Middle East adventure.

I find that hard to believe. But maybe I am just more capable of feeling guilt and regret than the Bubbled One is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home